Tuesday, October 21

Beat the flu bug faster

Having small kids it seems something is ALWAYS going around and someone is always sick. And I am going to show you how to actually cut that sick time down.

We are going to bleach are dishes. All you do is add bleach to your dishwasher (or dishwater if you hand wash) instead of soap. The reason for the instead is because th bleach and the soap will actually react with each other and make poisonous gas (just what everyone wants! poisonous gas!). So if you want to use soap too, just wash once with soap and once with bleach.

The bleach will kill whatever germs are being shared and actually help you get better faster. I actually do this whenever I feel a bug coming on and have noticed a significant reduction in sick time (about half as long). Anyway that works for me.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Small toys should also be washed - I have never washed the dishes in bleach - just use the hot cycle on the dishwasher will kill all germs but small toys rarely get washed and often get handled or put into mouths. I used to just throw them into the tub with hot water and bleach and let sit for an hour then rinse.

Old stuffies should be tossed if you can sanitize them.

Anonymous said...

I should have tried this before i caught my son's cold.