Friday, September 12

silly memories...

One of my first ever memories was of Star Wars. I was really little at the time, in fact I was still nursing. I know this because mom was watching it while I was eating and I kept wanting to watch and eat but could not do both at the same time.

But back to Star Wars. The scene was of Obi-wan Kenobi and Darth Vador fighting with light sabers and Darth Vader "killing" Obi-wan.

Now as an adult I know that people don't just vanish when they die. They leave behind all these thing, like a BODY. I didn't know that as a child. I truly believed that when you died that nothing was there, like you just instantly disappeared into heaven and took your physical shell with you.

This was rectified by the time I was 5 or 6, but until then I was very confused by many things. Things like why you would need a burial plot or a coffin. Or how someone would even know that someone died if someone were not there to witness it and tell people. (I came to the conclusion that was the reason my parents had drivers licenses with pictures and everything on them. Just in case a stranger saw it happen)

The reason I tell this story is because you never know what your child is picking up and what they make of it. I look in wonder at little N and wonder what she thinks is "logical".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are enjoying N. so much. Your dad and I totally enjoyed you as a toddler...keep writing! You have great insight!

Mom