Tuesday, February 17

How Dry Erase Markers ROCK!

I use dry erase markers for almost EVERYTHING. I use it for writing on the tops of leftovers so I use them up in a timely basis (or know what that green fuzzy thing was...), I write things to remember (or love notes to the hubby) on mirrors or other glass objects, I put paper (like recipe cards, shopping lists, packing lists, or other "to do " lists) into page protectors and cross things off when I am done with them. The best thing about Dry erase markers is that they... ERASE! In some cases (like if you leave something up for several months) you will need to write over it with another marker but it will go away. I love this. It makes things much easier...

Anyway check out Works For Me Wednesday for other fun and helpful tips and tricks!

11 comments:

Elizabeth Symington said...

I love dry erase markers too. I have 2 white boards that get used all the time. I'll be back to check out your site. I am also a knitter. I prefer to use nontraditional materials like knitting clothes line.

Thanks for posting.

The Pennington Point said...

Great ideas! I never thought of writing on the mirrors. I am going to do that! Thanks. Lisa~

Dave Roller said...

Dry erase markers are awesome. Thanks for sharing!

Buffie said...

I've only used my dry erase markers on my whiteboard. I'll have to try them out on mirrors and page protectors. Thanks for the tip.

Mom2fur said...

I have 'to-do' lists for each room in my household binder, and I use dry erase markers like you do, on a page protector, to check off things as I do them! They really are cool.

Keri said...

You know, I'm sure I have dry erase markers around here. I'm NOT sure that any of them are not dried out from someone leaving the cap off. Love the writing on mirrors idea though. Nice idea for love notes for my family.

Jerralea said...

Thanks for the idea of writing on mirrors with dry erase markers!

Angela @ Nine More Months said...

Thanks for the tips! I especially like the leftovers idea. I have some dry erase markers (and a board that we never hung up) I will put them to good use!

Holly said...

In the past, we've put the kids chore charts in a page protector and let them check them off with a dry erase marker. Mirrors would be fun; I'll have to give that a try. Thanks!

Jenny said...

ran across your blog while i was surfin' around some others. and you have some great content here. there's lots to check out and i'm really enjoying my stay. i'd like to invite you for a pop on over to my blog if you'd like. i'd love to have you. :) i've subscribed to your feed so i'll be coming back for sure.

Anonymous said...

For about $20 at Lowe's you can purchase a 4x8' sheet of white board to use as a dry erase board. They will cut it for cheap to fit any space. I believe this material is made for shower walls.

I also use a 1" binder with the slip in cover for my kids to practice their timed math tests. I keep the practice sheets inside and a marker tied to the binder.

I also write notes on our glass shower door.