Serves 6-8 (these are smaller portions, you will get less if you are like most American's and are used to Super Sized food)
Preheat oven: 350 F.
About 20 minutes actually cooking and another 20 minutes baking.
- 1.5 pounds (4 cups) of cooked veggies (I have been known to use raw but I like crunch. Esp good are broccoli, carrots, cabbage, green beans, zucchini and cauliflower. I have also used corn, dandelion leaves, spinach, sauerkraut and potatoes in smaller amounts.)
- 1/2 cup corn flakes/bread crumbs/croûtons
- 3 T. of olive oil, butter, some other cooking oil...
- 1/3 cup chopped onion (I like to use more)
- 3 T. flour
- 1 t. salt
- 1/8 t pepper
- 1.5 cups milk (or use some form of stock and dried milk)
- 1 cup of grated cheese (I have used Velvetta to Chedder and even Swiss... use whatever you have!)
- Saute chopped onion and cooking oil in saucepan over low heat.
- After sauted to your satisfaction add flour, salt and pepper.
- Continue cooking, stirring continually until bubbly and add milk.
- Continue stirring until smooth and add cheese.
- Stir until melted and then stir in veggies.
- Put into pan for baking cover in bread crumbs (Note: you can stop here and freeze for later!)
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until bubbling.
- Add cooked ham, beef, chicken or some other meat (I have been known to use corned beef hash)
- Add a cup of cooked rice.
- 1 t. Parsley
- 1/2 t. of curry
- 1/2 t. ground allspice
Anyway check out the RECIPE SWAP for more recipes!